Long Term Care
At some point, family members may make the joint decision that a skilled nursing facility is the best option for their loved one. We are dedicated to the dignity of each Resident, recognizing that each individual has physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs that need to be respected. The ultimate goal is to provide an atmosphere that allows each Resident the capability to maintain as much independence as possible.
Respite Care in Long Term Care
Many caregivers dedicate much or most of their free time to taking care of their elder family member. In an increasingly mobile society where some family members have moved out of the general area, the remaining family member(s) have an increased burden and very little chance to go anywhere, do anything, or even have a family vacation.
- Respite care is short term care that helps families take a break from their daily routine and stress.
- Respite care is an essential part of the overall support that families may need to keep their family member at home.
- The Clairemont’s respite care program is geared to individual family needs.
- The duration of the average respite stay is a range of five to ten days.
- We recognize that food is one of the pleasures enjoyed in life, therefore, our goal is to individualize each Resident’s meal plan as much as possible.
- A professional dietary staff member assists Residents in participating in menu planning and food selections.
- Residents are also free to invite family and friends for any meal.
- Residents can partake monthly in the Food Council Meeting that allows Residents the right to meet and plan menus as a group.
- The Life Enrichment Department is dedicated to each Resident by meeting their psychosocial needs based on each individual’s wants and desires.
- Activities are offered seven days a week and reflect the choices and rights of the Residents.
- Residents partake monthly in a Resident Council Meeting to further plan activities of interest.
- Families and friends are always encouraged to join in with their loved one.