Volunteers are an essential part of a nursing home’s environment, seeing as they provide a variety of activities for Residents and, more importantly, often become their friends or companions. Additionally, volunteers help Residents stay involved in community activities and community life.
- Must have a genuine interest to work with the elderly and be sensitive to their needs
- Must be reliable and dependable to carry out the volunteer assignment
- Must be free of communicable diseases and be able to push a wheelchair
- No convictions of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals (42 CFR 483.12 (c)(1)(ii))
Description of Responsibilities
Assisting with scheduled activities, conduct their own groups, or provide one-on-one visitation
Objectives of the Volunteer Program
- To assist Residents in reaching and/or maintaining an optimal level of physical, mental, and social functioning
- To provide means for marinating contact with the community
- To offer volunteers and Residents a positive experience and for the volunteer to share their skills, talents, and friendship
If you are interested in volunteering, please click here to fill out an application and we will be in contact with you.
Any questions or inquiries feel free to contact Jenny Gruber, Activities Director by telephone at (715) 852-6268 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org